Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Lump behind uvula, sore throat for months photo included
An_251960 posted:
i've had a lump behinf my uvula for months now and it's starting to make me worry. I had a throat swab and it came back with nothing. I was asked whether I get acid reflux, but I'm sure I don't. Never get heartburn or anything though I do bring up some type of liquid that tastes gross sometimes? Might that be it? it's barely visible and in the photo it's hidden behind the uvula but it's making me panic a lot now

Rod Moser, PA, PhD responded:
A picture is worth a 1000 words, but not in medicine. You will need to have a good, hands-on examination -- there is really no way to offer you a diagnostic answer or even reassurance based on a photograph (good one, though). Sorry.

Since you are truly worried to the point of panic, see an ENT -- an expert in this area.

An_251960 replied to Rod Moser, PA, PhD's response:
Ooh, so I don't have to worry about anything in the picture, at least?

rohvannyn replied to An_251960's response:
I don't think his "there is really no way to offer you a diagnostic answer or even reassurance based on a photograph"

equals your

"I don't have to worry about anything in the picture."

He's saying you need to have a doctor look at it in person because he can't get enough information from a photograph, even a good one.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' --QGJ

An_251960 replied to rohvannyn's response:
that's not what I meant. I mean to stop me having panic attacks at 4am over this until I return home and get to visit my GP.

odo112 replied to An_251960's response:
An_251960, please have you been cured?. Am passing through same problem now. can u help me please?. tnx

Helpful Tips

Earaches
I had pressure behind the eye and earache, even after using neti pot, suction machine and fluticasone. I found those worked great for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.