Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Canker Sores Causing ENT Pain
    mfkane posted:
    My girlfriend (26) has always had canker sores, but for the past few years (3-4 years) she has had issues with serious canker sores, and seemingly unexplainable swelling of the gums. For about 2 years, the canker sores have gotten worse and have lead to other problems in her throat (lymph nodes swelling), ear canal swelling, and also pussy liquid in ears that turns to crust. Is it possible for the canker sores to be causing these issues? She has seen several doctors (her PCP, 2 ENT specialists, and a dentist) One of the ENTs suggested that it was Herpetic Infection (but the sore looks nothing like herpes) Any help and advice is appreciated. Thank you.

    Helpful Tips

    Your Home Black BagExpert
    Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    32 of 54 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Focus on Flu

    Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.