Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Inner ear viral infection
An_252475 posted:
Hi good morning,

I had sore throat and ear pain on one side since the 3 June. In the night of 7 June, I vomited several times, then I feel dizzy, nausea, pounding ear and head ache. I found I lost balance. I even fell dizzy when I move my head. I went in hospital emergency on Sunday the 9 June. The doctor told me my blood test is OK, CT scan on my head is normal. He told me that I have inner ear viral infection. told me to get more rest, it may take a week or two to recover and the virus will be eliminated automatically.

After two days, I saw double vision, then I went back to the same hospital on Wed, 13 June. Do blood test again, CT scan again. A neurologist examined me by testing my eye movements, checking the function of hands and legs and balance. They decided to keep me in the hospital for one night and do MRI next day. On the next morning, another two neurologist came to examined me again. It was funny that the double vision feeling almost gone. My vision became 90% normal. The doctors decided that I don't need to do MRI because the temporary double vision may be caused by Virus and nothing wrong with the brain. They released me in the afternoon of 14 June.

I found myself with higher frequency noise and ringing and lost 90% hearing sensitivity in my left ear. To follow up with ENT doctor on 17 June and hearing test on 20 June. After the hearing test, the technician told me that I had some hearing ability from my left ear and lost some high pitch sound from my right hand ear. But she didn't understand why My left side ear is so painful.

Today is 25 June, after 18 days I feel a bit less dizzy when I turn my head, I am still lost my balance, I only can walk a few step carefully to the toilet, I can't walk downstair by myself because I may felt. I still have severe ear and head ache with non stop ringing noise in my ear. Sometime I feel like something drilling into my ear. It is so painful that I can't sleep much every night. I can sleep a few hours on and off after taking a Benadryl.

Do you have any suggestion for me ?

Thanks.

Ktsim

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.