Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Eustacian Tube Blockage
rjb1922 posted:
I have had intermittent ear drum fluttering in my left ear that is associated with ET blockage. I have been to my ENT several times and I am on my second course of 5mg Prednisone. Initially the fluttering would happen for a day once every several weeks. Now it is much more frequent and can last several days. There is some fluid behind my ear when this is happening but it is not painful. After the first course, symptoms re-appeared after a week. Next, after a full week of symptoms and testing that again pointed to EU blockage, my ENT put me on a second longer course of 5mg Prednisone 3xday for 5 days and then 2xday for 10 days. The fluttering disappeared after the first day but now after 5 days it is back. What are my best options for evaluating and dealing with this blockage? The fluttering is horrible and clearly something is not right.

Helpful Tips

EAR PROBLEMS
I have had a mild ear ache on and off and recently when I had a cold with runniynose, the ear began to hurt again. The outer ear was also ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.