Skip to content
Tinnitus from a cold
Lostman212 posted:
So here's my situation. I developed a cold about 7 weeks ago and during the course of it I woke up one morning from ear pain and found both my ears to be completely full of fluid. it was like they were under water with dulled hearing accompanied by a loud ringing. at the time I had been on azihtromycin for my cold(an old script but not expred) which I noticed I had a very thick mucous that I've never had before.
in about 3 weeks the fluid seemed to almost completely subside, however I was left with crackling ears and that ringing sound for another month. which is where I'm at now, the crackling has also subsided substantially, but the ringing is by far the worst symptom and is killing me. I do not have health insurance and was only able to go to some doctor that only charged me whatever money I could afford. I don't know what to do, I feel like I'm totally lost. the doc that I saw gave me some otic cortisporin drops and more antibiotics cuz he said I had an ear infection. I took them all and they did nothing.
my question is what do u all suggest? do I go to an ENT and bankrupt myself in medical bills for this, which from what I read will probably lead to no real answer or do I just keep living with this. I'm a full time student paying my tuition and the job I have barely gets me past my bills and doesn't offer insurance. got no family to help either.

Take the Poll

Go to an ENT?
  • Yes
  • No
vote
View Poll Results

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.