Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Auditory hallucinations
An_252636 posted:
I'm gonna try to keep this "short". I'm a bit relieved after reading some of your stories here. I already have a host of problems. Chronic pain along with "mental health" issues. ADD...OCD...and of course the anxiety...depression you'd probably expect to go with it. I'm on "long term" hydrocodone for the physical "stuff" and then for the mental "stuff" I'm on sertaline...bupropion...ropinirole...and finally...adderall. So...my "proverbial" plate was full as far as I was concerned. Then the music from "nowhere" started. Shortly after that the sirens began. Now...the last couple nights when I go to bed I hear a group of young voices thru my window! Like a small group of teenagers in the yard next door. To be honest...I didn't want to look out to see if they were "real" or not. But...I doubt it. It would be a "first" and I've lived in this house about 12 years. All of it sounds "faraway". I can hear voices singing but I can't make out the words. All the music but for one song is unfamiliar to me. Some of it is quite pretty...if it were real I'd enjoy it! I can't make out the words being spoken outside either. The sirens are the most consistent. Nearly ALL my waking hours. Sometimes the same time as the music! Lest you think it's neighbors or the sirens are real...I can assure you that's not the case. I'm constantly checking my rearview mirror in the car! I can't hear it whlile I play music or when I rarely "watch" something on tv. I will be seeing both my neurologist and shrink in a couple weeks. It's impossible to get in sooner. So! As I started out saying...I'm relieved abit to hear your stories! I was beginning to think I was finally "falling into the deep end" this time! It will be easier to deal with it now...until I see my doctors at least. So much for being "short"!

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.