Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Head Pressure Dizziness
rgreco77 posted:
I've been suffering from dizziness for a little over two years. Within the last five months, I started to develop a pressure in the back of my head, just below the base of my skull. I can literally press my finger on spot and feel the pressure momentarily go away.

In the beginning, I experienced the dizziness, dry eyes, tinging in my face and dizziness a few times per month. My doctor two years ago thought it was anxiety attacks. Another doctor claimed that what I was experiencing were not anxiety attacks and recommended an ENT. This past winter I was literally getting hit hard every day. Now that summer has arrived, it has been much better but I do still get hit pretty bad when it comes on.

As of now, I ave been to both an ENT and neurologist. The ENT believes that what I have is Meineres. The neurologist believes what I have is migraines. I have had an MRI done last year which came out fine and my blood work came back fine. The ENT stated that I did have significant hearing loss in my right hear.

Typical symptoms:
Dry eyes
Tingling face
hard pressure at base of skull
weakness in arms and legs on full attack
nausea
brain fog
dizziness

The only thing that alleviates the tingling, brain fog, and pressure at the base of my skull is putting my head between my legs. I feel the blood rush to the top of my head and its as if everything goes away. Both the ENT and neurologist are dumbfounded.

Any ideas?

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.