Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Extreme ear pain after cleaning
RSears82 posted:
So I went to my family doctor 2 days ago because I was unable to hear clearly out of my left ear. He explained I had wax in there that needed cleaned out. He used an instrument that squirts water into the ear to clean the wax out. He cleaned both sides. Now, going in to the appointment, my left ear was very slightly sore. Not very bad at all. But now, after having it cleaned, it hurts extremely bad pretty much all day. Last night was the worst pain I've ever felt. I couldn't sleep. It was as if someone was driving a nail into my ear. I've tried Advil, Tylenol, etc. It helps very little. I called my doctor and left a message for a return call and I haven't heard back. Any advice to ease the pain until I see the doc or do you have an idea what may be the issue? I'm even having trouble biting down all the way because it feels swollen in my jaw and behind my ear. Thank you for reading.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.