Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

tongue lump
    An_252976 posted:
    Hi, I've got a small, 'soft' lump, or maybe even a valley anomaly on the back lateral/lingual border of my tongue. I can feel it if I drag my finger in one direction, but can't seem to feel it going the opposite direction? The left side of my tongue looks nothing like the right when I stick my tongue out rigidly on it's own. I've seen dentist to doctors, even a dermatologist (i've even asked my wifes OB-GYN), and they say it's fine and there's nothing there. I can feel however, a tiny knot if I squeeze the ventral/lingual tonsil between my index and thumb.. It's small, almost rice like, and seems dissipate under pressure? I'm assuming, because after I let it go for a few days, it starts off firm, and when I squeeze it it slowly seems to disappear? I'm not sure if it does or not.

I'm really paranoid about tongue cancer, and the impression I get is that--it's by far the easiest to detect with a simple visual inspection.. So, I've seen about 8 doctors, every one of them refuses to biopsy, yet none will tell me what it is?

Helpful Tips

Help me some one please i need help with my son
    My son is 10 months old and when he was a month he had hopping cough and i took him to the doctors 3 times and they didnt pick up on it so ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.