Skip to content
tongue lump
An_252976 posted:
Hi, I've got a small, 'soft' lump, or maybe even a valley anomaly on the back lateral/lingual border of my tongue. I can feel it if I drag my finger in one direction, but can't seem to feel it going the opposite direction? The left side of my tongue looks nothing like the right when I stick my tongue out rigidly on it's own. I've seen dentist to doctors, even a dermatologist (i've even asked my wifes OB-GYN), and they say it's fine and there's nothing there. I can feel however, a tiny knot if I squeeze the ventral/lingual tonsil between my index and thumb.. It's small, almost rice like, and seems dissipate under pressure? I'm assuming, because after I let it go for a few days, it starts off firm, and when I squeeze it it slowly seems to disappear? I'm not sure if it does or not.

I'm really paranoid about tongue cancer, and the impression I get is that--it's by far the easiest to detect with a simple visual inspection.. So, I've seen about 8 doctors, every one of them refuses to biopsy, yet none will tell me what it is?

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.