Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help identify possiblities.
jemble2 posted:

Hi everyone,

I've been sick since last August (2012), it started off with extremely bad headaches and the feeling as if something has been lodged in my throat, which makes me have a horsey cough (real loud and unattractive). I've been to the doctors several times and started seeing an ENT around February after I was referred by my family doctor.

The ENT diagnoses me and said I have a slight septal deviation , chronic rhinitis, and chronic sinusitis. I have been on all sorts of medicine and I have not felt better once. In June I had my tonsils removed to rule out anything to do with them and I still have not felt any better. It is becoming quite a problem especially when I go out with friends and I have to leave every 10 minutes to cough an unproductive cough.

This summer (after my tonsils were removed) I started to feel worse and some symptoms come and go as they please but the most persistent ones are the severe headaches, the nasty cough, and now pain down the left side of my throat when I yawn, and pain starting at the bottom of my neck occasionally. The not so persistent symptom was I coughed up mucus with a mixture of a little blood several times (I passed a TB test)

In the upcoming weeks I am getting another CT scan (first was of my sinuses) of my neck without and with DYE to look for any submucosal pathology and then I have my follow up a week later. I am becoming extremely stressed out as my senior year of college and I have still not been cured.

I was wondering if anyone has had these symptoms or has come across anything like this before... any information would be appreciated. Please feel free to throw list of things you may think it is, I understand you can not tell me exactly what it is and I'll have to wait for my doctor to figure out what it is, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask!

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.