Skip to content
Mrsa staph infection in sinus
An_253154 posted:
Hello, I am a 33 year old female. I had sinus surgery in 2010 which I was told they found the Mrsa staph in my sinuses. I did not have any troubles with sinus infections for a good year and a half then I started getting them. They seemed mild to start but are now severe and more painful than ever before. I also have been getting sore throats along with the sinus infections. The sinus infections actually start with congestion, then comes the sore throat and then the horrible sinus infection follows. The sore throat and sinus infection cross for about 2-4 days. The sore throat is also very painful. I have had my tonsils out when I was 18 so I do not believe it is due to that. T add to this I just had my first case of bronchitis. I am afraid that the Mrsa staph is moving from my sinuses to my throat. What does it mean to have a Mrsa staph in your throat? Can it spread from sinus to throat to other parts of my body? I know people have died from Mrsa staph and I am very afraid that it may be spreading...I am afraid it will spread some place with in me that can not be treated. Is Mrsa staph common found in the throat? When I have a sinus infection and I swallow some of the infected mucus can that spread Mrsa to my lungs etc...? I am scared I will not be able to control this staph. My ENT doctor has given me oral antibiotics and also antibiotics that go into a nasel wash. Nothing seems to help...it is getting worse. I read on a web page that some never get rid of it and it causes much pain and suffering through life and others have had to visit an infectious disease doctor. What should my next step be? I am a mother...I am young and I am sick of feeling sick and tired...I do not want to continually tell my daughter I can not play because I mommy is sick again. Any answers or advice you could give would really help me. Thank you very much!

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.