Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
h1n1 preocupied...
n4tive posted:
My wife got pretty bad throat infection, even though she didn't feel much pain (maybe some disconfort) she got a high fever and was practically unable to watch over my four month old. So I took off from work to take care of my baby boy, but I noticed he was feverish as well. I monitored him closely the temperature wouldn't exceed 100.7 called the ped and told me to give him some Pedicare to reduce the fever. Making the story short, two days later my wife and son are much better, but then *I* got sick.

Went to the doctor, the doctor gave me some medicines, send me to the lab for some blood work and to take the influenza test just in case. I day later, I came out positive influenza A h1n1. I don't know how. After seeing the results the doctor orders me to remain at my house and that I cannot go to work (missed 4 days already, that means missing another 4...)

.. the thing, I feel prefectly fine. I had NONE of the influenza type a symptoms except for the fever, and that lasted for about two days. I felt good enough I was able to work yesterday, but now I must remain home for the next four days (slight dizziness due to antibiotics) I am worried sick about my four month old, I hope he doesn't have it. The doctor ordered they too take the influenza test just in case. I just don't know what to think of all this.

Helpful Tips

EAR PROBLEMS
I have had a mild ear ache on and off and recently when I had a cold with runniynose, the ear began to hurt again. The outer ear was also ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.