Skip to content
Angle Jaw Pain
An_253438 posted:
Current Medical Conditions: Ulcerative Colitis (not active)
Hachimoto (managed)
IBS (severe)
Iron Deficiency without anemia

Medications: Asacol, Mesalamine, Topamax (Migraines), Levothyroxine
I have angle jaw pain on the left side only. I have had this for five days and the pain has not decreased. The area around this part of my jaw is very sensitive as well. If I put pressure on the jaw bone it feels good, but if I touch my neck, pull on my ear or move it or tilt my head to the left or lay on the left side it is very painful and radiates pain into my neck, face and into the left side of my head.

I have no other symptoms other than this pain. No sore throat, no runny nose, nothing. The only other thing that started around the same time is extreme sweating in my underarms. I have had some hot flashes as well, but no real fever.

I did see my primary care physician on Tuesday for follow-up lab work to check my iron levels and all blood work was fine. I went into Urgent Care on Saturday for this issue as the pain was around a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10

Labs were taken again and came back as follows:

hematocrit: 44.7 Normal Range:(34.9-44.5)
on Tuesday Was: 43.6

lympocytes 3.01 Normal Range:(0.90-2.90)
on Tuesday Was: 2.54

monocytes 1.06 Normal Range (0.30-0.90)
on Tuesday Was:0.60

The PA told me she thought I was coming down with something and I will probably be getting a sore throat and will be fine in a few days and sent me on my way.

I feel fine other than this pain on my left side and the sweating. I don't feel like I am getting sick. I don't feel like this pain is going away. Could someone review this and let me know their thoughts? I kind of feel like I wasn't being listened to and it makes me hesitant to go in to see someone else.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.