ETD just started for me late 33 year old male
OhNoNowWHAT posted:
Just started experiencing ETD (Exercise-Induced Eustachian Tube Dysfunction). I am a 33 year male and have been working plumbing for the last 13 years. This just started for me upon periods of digging, heavy lifting i.e. water heaters etc. And long flights of stairs. I too get dizzy and was concerned. I recently had my blood work done for Cholesterol (LDL,HDL) and triglycerides. "All in all" the GP said my scores were near the optimal ranges. I am only 128lbs @ 5'7". I've been hitting the gym for a year now and concerned that this activity (the gym) was further aggravating my new ETD condition. Before the gym I used to suffer mild to extreme bouts of POTS (Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome) especially crawling under homes to work but, with the exercise this has passed. My real concern is the dizziness as I sometimes don't know if I might just pass out or fall etc. I don't know what to do at this point. ETD has no "cure" so to speak and the POTS is something I rather not go through. Am I doomed?