Skip to content
Light pain/tenderness on right side of head(near the right ear)
lumpkch posted:
Hello Community,
I am going to provide a description of my symptoms:
I have some light pain and tenderness on the right side of my head, near my right ear. I was referred to an ear, nose and throat specialist because of a swollen lymph node in my throat. While I was at this appointment I thought I would describe this problem to the ear, nose and throat specialist. What I experience is some light pain near the right ear. The only thing I can explain is it feels like something is there. I know that is vague, but it feels like some pressure underneath the skull. At times I feel dizzy and I have ringing in my right ear. Not the left ear though. This has been going for about 2 months. I explained this to the ear, nose and throat specialist and he said that I should not worry about it. Despite the fact that I worry too much about things like this, something is causing it. I am worried about a stroke. I know the warning signs of a stroke, such as blurred vision, face drooping, slurred speech. I have none of those symptoms yet. I just want some peace of mind. I am willing to trust my ear, nose and throat specialist, but this is a little scary. Is there a doctor on here or a specialist who can offer some advice? Could I have a tumor, since I feel little dizzy spells? Or could it be an inner ear problem, even though my specialist says it is not? I just don't know. I want it to stop. Any advice or feedback would be appreciated. Have a good day all.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 54 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.