Skip to content
Tonsil Stones
Murrietarose posted:
People can also develop cryptic tonsils from severe and chronic heartburn. The constant acid can not only erode your esophagus but also your tonsils. That is what happened to me, the acid reflux was so severe that I would wake up at night in acidic vomit even coming out of my nose! After years of suffering with this eventually my tonsils eroded and now I am dealing with food particles being lodged in there...this can happen over night or even after a meal. I constantly check my tonsils(I carry a flashlight in my purse) through out the day, before bedtime, and in the morning. And yes I am constantly washing teeth, gargling, using the tongue cleaner, and I use long Qtips dipped in mouthwash to pick out the debris in my tonsils. I am tired of this...I recently saw an ENT who's only suggestion was to remove my tonsils. It did not sit well with him when I asked if he knew about laser therapy. So I am going to get a second opinion. So for anyone reading this..if you are just recently experiencing tonsil stones get an endoscopy done to rule out acid reflux, hiatel hernias....and so on.

Helpful Tips

Earaches
I had pressure behind the eye and earache, even after using neti pot, suction machine and fluticasone. I found those worked great for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.