Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
On-Going Sinus Issues!
courtbangel posted:
Hey. I have kind of a complicated situation. I had sinus surgery in December of 2012, because I had been having sinus/respiratory problems every few weeks. I had a migraine every day. I would get sick, get it cleared up and then it would come back almost like it was the next day. I had a mass in my sinuses. Previously, I hadnt had blood in my mucus. But 3 months ago (June) I started getting cold and sinus infections again. I was sick for the entire months of June and July. I went to to doctor and had to have 2 antibiotics. I wasn't sick all of August, but I have been sick since September 2nd. I have tried every over the counter medicine that i'm allowed to take. Last week I started coughing up bright red bloody and green mucus. I don't have insurance as the insurance my parents had on me expired. Yesterday I got a netipot so I could see if I could get the infection out. Okay, so when I put the netipot through my right nostril, it works fine and I get bright green mucus...but when I put it through my left nostril, only so much will go in and then it stops. Then, I blow out bright red blood and bright green mucus as well. The migraines I have, have gotten significantly worse- and are especially terrible in the morning. My head feels weak, my body is extremely tired- but restless. I've had like 3 fevers this month, but they've went away and weren't over 102 F. My chest hurts, especially when I cough. When I touch my throat on the outside, it feels pretty swollen and lumpy. I don't really want to spend money to go to the doctor, but i feel like I might have to. I don't smoke, nor do I drink. Could you give me some advice, please?

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.