Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
pain 1 month after tube insertion
merched posted:
Dear WebMD,
I am 58 and never had problems with ear infections. Nearly 4 mos ago I got a severe throat infection, lost my voice for 1 wk, never had this before. then my voice came back but I got an ear infection in my rt ear which I've always known has a too narrow eustacian tube. 2 bouts of antibiotics did not solve it so I had my ear drum perforated and the infection cleaned out. This still did not solve pressure problems and ear aches (esp with on windy days). 2 bouts of cortisone steroids later I still had pressure issues, albeit no pain anymore. Concave eardrum (too low pressure in middle ear) and I had 2 long flights to take, was pretty scared. so I got a tube put in. I am now nearly a month later and alot of the weird hearing my voice inside my head, blocked feeling and bad hearing loss I experienced initially after tube placement have subsided. I do notice I have some hearing loss. I wear ear plugs when showering and otherwise avoid water. But I have a persistant low level ear ache that I can't shake. My ENT never prescribed antibiotic ear drops. My ENT is in Europe, all the treatments were in Europe. I am now in the US and will be for the next 6 months. What can I do to stop the ear aches? there is no drainage, never was. Thank you

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.