Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ENT, Middle ear infection
JKoth posted:
Doctor,

My name is Jag from Chennai, India. I had a ear infection for almost 5 years. Due to this pus got discharging from my left ear two to three days once. Initially I didn't much concentrated about this problem but later for last 1 year I was worried and consulted with the ent doctor. they suggested some antibiotics but it didnt cured well for almost 2 months. my ent said there is some small hole in the ear drum and it has to closed it by operations only if medicine didn't helped. so I have decided to go for the surgery. my ent did successfully operated this surgery(Left Mastoidectomy with tympanoplasty under local anaesthesia) Findings: Small Central Performation, Tymponisclerotic+ myringitis) Surgery: Margins freshened, myringitis exised. Tympanosclerotic plaques removed. Ossicles intact and mobile. Temporalis fasic graft underlaid in may month. After this surgery, I got suffered by a constant hissing sound. when i checked with my doc he said it needs min 3 months to heal something. so I had keep myself convinced and waiting to cure myself. But the problem is still after 6 months too am hearing hissing/buzzing sound in my ear. I can hear well in both my left and right ear. my doc is still saying the same story and I am telling him I am sensing some fluid movement in my left ear but he didn't bothers my problem. So I decided to not going to meet him again. after few days I got discharded some pus in my left ear and I believe infection got generated again. due to this I am getting frustrated at home and office. I dont know what to do.. hearing hussing/buzzing sound contiously and sometimes feeling pain in inner ear. when I bend my neck to left ear, I am sensing some fluid movement from my ear to mouth. once the liquid got discharged I feel little bit good and again the above problem started after I came back to sleep. I dont have cold no dizziness. but still i dont understand why fluids are getting generated inside my left ear and making buzzing sound. I am really anxious about this problem and worried it would cause my brain. please doctor please help me out. I dont trust any of the doctor at my place. all are focusing on money in here. please advise.

Featuring Experts

Welcome to WebMD's Ear, Nose, and Throat Community — a site where members help each other. If you have an experience to share or would like ...More

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.