Find Information About:

Drugs & Supplements

Get information and reviews on prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and supplements. Search by name or medical condition.

Pill Identifier

Pill Identifier

Having trouble identifying your pills?

Enter the shape, color, or imprint of your prescription or OTC drug. Our pill identification tool will display pictures that you can compare to your pill.

Get Started

My Medicine

Save your medicine, check interactions, sign up for FDA alerts, create family profiles and more.

Get Started

WebMD Health Experts and Community

Talk to health experts and other people like you in WebMD's Communities. It's a safe forum where you can create or participate in support groups and discussions about health topics that interest you.

  • Second Opinion

    Second Opinion

    Read expert perspectives on popular health topics.

  • Community


    Connect with people like you, and get expert guidance on living a healthy life.

Got a health question? Get answers provided by leading organizations, doctors, and experts.

Get Answers

Sign up to receive WebMD's award-winning content delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up


Posting to the communities has been restored. Our technical team is still completing ongoing maintenance, and you may experience some technical problems.Thank you for your continued support and patience, and if you have any further questions, please email

Yours in health,
WebMD Community Management

ENT, Middle ear infection
JKoth posted:

My name is Jag from Chennai, India. I had a ear infection for almost 5 years. Due to this pus got discharging from my left ear two to three days once. Initially I didn't much concentrated about this problem but later for last 1 year I was worried and consulted with the ent doctor. they suggested some antibiotics but it didnt cured well for almost 2 months. my ent said there is some small hole in the ear drum and it has to closed it by operations only if medicine didn't helped. so I have decided to go for the surgery. my ent did successfully operated this surgery(Left Mastoidectomy with tympanoplasty under local anaesthesia) Findings: Small Central Performation, Tymponisclerotic+ myringitis) Surgery: Margins freshened, myringitis exised. Tympanosclerotic plaques removed. Ossicles intact and mobile. Temporalis fasic graft underlaid in may month. After this surgery, I got suffered by a constant hissing sound. when i checked with my doc he said it needs min 3 months to heal something. so I had keep myself convinced and waiting to cure myself. But the problem is still after 6 months too am hearing hissing/buzzing sound in my ear. I can hear well in both my left and right ear. my doc is still saying the same story and I am telling him I am sensing some fluid movement in my left ear but he didn't bothers my problem. So I decided to not going to meet him again. after few days I got discharded some pus in my left ear and I believe infection got generated again. due to this I am getting frustrated at home and office. I dont know what to do.. hearing hussing/buzzing sound contiously and sometimes feeling pain in inner ear. when I bend my neck to left ear, I am sensing some fluid movement from my ear to mouth. once the liquid got discharged I feel little bit good and again the above problem started after I came back to sleep. I dont have cold no dizziness. but still i dont understand why fluids are getting generated inside my left ear and making buzzing sound. I am really anxious about this problem and worried it would cause my brain. please doctor please help me out. I dont trust any of the doctor at my place. all are focusing on money in here. please advise.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 54 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.