Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Chronic sinusitis with a variety of other symtoms
An_254026 posted:
I have had a chronic sinus condition for over 2 years. For that time, I have typically had an infection every 4-8 weeks! They happen quickly, they hit hard, and they are debilitating.
I have seen two ENTs. I have had my septum straightened and had polyps removed. That was a year and a half ago. That doctor ordered another surgery, but since the first provided no relief, I wanted further help.
The second ENT put me on 6 months of QNasl...that is almost over, but I still have problems.

I also have a chest and back rash, I have loose stool, I have constipation every 3 or so months, I am on drops for INSANELY itchy ears, and I have HBP.

I played with my diet, removing gluten and dairy. Still sinus problems, but I feel as though they are worsened by gluten/dairy. Placebo affect? The doctors recently ordered celiac screen and food allergy blood testing. Both were negative. I had skin allergy testing, and I am allergic to cats, but I do not have a cat.

My family doctor (after my last infection about a week ago) scheduled an appointment with an allergist.

I have heard people seeing results with probiotics and diet changes...I am getting desperate.

I am male, 22, 6'6'', 225 lbs

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.