Skip to content
What are these tissue-like substances that came out of my ear?
Diri4 posted:
My ear was plugged for 8 days. On the 4th day I went to urgent care. The nurse practitioner said I had a sinus infection (although my sinuses were not blocked or bothering me at all), and gave me antibiotics. After four days of antibiotics it still didn't clear. I put hydrogen peroxide in my ear, and flushed with a bulb syringe and warm water. Three or four long, 1 & 1/2" to 2" strips of a thin, clear, papery, tissue-like substance, slightly orangish in color, with fine skin-like lines on them, and one tiny pink rice shaped substance with what looked like a blood vessel in it came out. What are these? NOTE: I cannot see an ENT for almost 2 months - all are booked up in my area. I was hoping for a reply, as I will worry until I get seen by the Dr. Thank you58, Female, HealthyI do not use Q-tips.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 54 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.