Skip to content
Eardrum throbbing/ear ringing/distorted hearing?/jaw obstructing ear canal
garretwiley posted:
For quite a while now I have been experiencing a sort of throbbing/shifting in my right eardrum that occurs during (and matches the beat of) certain sounds. Also, there's constantly ringing in my ears that I can always hear when it's quite enough (although it used to be an orchestra of ringing sounds). Also, my hearing is lousy, although it seems less about volume (that part seems to work well actually) and more about being able to distinguish words. Also, whenever I move my jaw, (with my finger) I can feel the end of it poking around in and changing the shape of my right ear canal. Also it seems that some muscles of the left side of my face (and the ones that curl the last two toes on my left foot) do not work; the motor movement I have in my face is noticeably asymmetrical; I also experience this in my jaw, for example the muscles in my jaw can get exhausted easily but It's only ever in the right side; I don't even feel a presence of the muscles in the left. Also, I've been in two serious car wrecks but I'm pretty sure most of these issues occurred before either, although not all are necessarily of concurrent origin.

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.