Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
feels like I have a tiny pill stuck on the right side of my throat. It is driving me crazy what is it
debideer posted:
It feels as though I have a tiny pill stuck in the right side of my throat midway down. I am very aware of it and it is annoying. I have noticed this now for a little more than a month, it was not so bad then, but now it is driving me nuts. I try and push on the area thinking that something is lodged in there. It does not hurt. My brother and daughter have both had thyroid cancer. could this be related. What should I do. Thanks for your help.

shurik2706 responded:
Hi Debideer! I would suggest you see an ENT, who will refer you for tests if necessary. Most probably it looks like tonsillitis (white areas of puss in the throat region) that often cause the feeling of having something stuck to the sides of the throat. I am positive ENT will set your mind at rest. Cheerio!

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.