Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
yellowish Lumps back of throat 6 weeks
mark20 posted:

Hi, I've had these yellowish lumps all over the back of the my throat now for over 6 weeks (maybe longer 6 weeks from first seeing them) they look just like the link attached

http://cdn.mdjunction.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/yellowish_lumps2-7a6d4cf90c07f5325fd3ca524ec6bad2.jpg

I first noticed them as I was having a strange taste in my mouth for a week or so, slight metal taste, previous to that I had been feeling quite run down for a few weeks, I checked my mouth with a flash light and saw all of them lumps at the back of my throat.. I had no throat pain or swallown tonsils - or pus that I could see , unless that is pus, the lumps?

I went to the doctor, who did a throat swab, and also had full blood tests done as well as tests for gland fever, everything came back fine, on his advice I have also been gargling with salt water 2 times a day, they havent got better at all, Also i have no acid reflux which is something i read can irritate a throat, I'm going to go back to GP but he seemed a bit uninterested the first time around, I was just wondering 1) if anyone knows what they are, is it pus? blisters? from google some people say from a viral infection, but I dont seem to have any symtons as a sore throat, and infections normally go away after a few weeks? I have moved into a new house 3 months ago... not sure if this could be relivent or not?? any advice anyone??

lett333 responded:
Me, too. Only mine have been for 3 weeks now. I was told viral at urgent care but wth?? Hope yours are better now.

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.