Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dizziness and head pressure
pola79 posted:
Hello everyone. Like someone stated already in this forum I'm at the end of my strength dealing with this and I'm reading all the posts hoping that I will come across something that would help me. Last year in August I had removed craniopharyngioma thru transsphenoidal approach (nose and mouth). The surgery was successful although due to the pituitary tumor mixed with cerebral fluid I got asceptic meningitis on the right side of my brain. Few month later taking steroids everything got cleared and I returned to my normal life. Fast forward to past June, I went on a roller coaster completely forgetting that I had a brain surgery 10 months earlier. Of course as soon as the roller coaster moved I realized how bad of an idea that was. Immediately after the roller coaster I began not feeling well. Head pain was huge and lasted till next day. No medication was helping. Eventually it went away. However, from that day on I began to have on and off days. It started with little head pressure and over roll not feeling well. In august this pressure increased to the point that I began to have hard time dealing with it. Finally the pressure s Was so huge that I felt my brain wasn't fitting inside anymore like overstuffed teddy bear in build a bear workshop. Beginning of October, I finally went to my neurosurgeon who send me for MRI. MRI showed a "thickening line around sinus", was told that I have sinus infection, received levaquin for 2 weeks and was told to see my otolaryngologist who did the nose part of my surgery. When I saw him he told me that I never had sinus infection and the thickening line is due to allergies. I receiver prednisone for 12 days to control my symptoms (head pressure) Before taking prednisone, I went to my primary to do blood work to make sure I don't have something else going on. Unfortunately, steroids didn't help me but made me worse. Few days into it I had an episode of double vision, fainted and became nauseous. Trip to ER and cats can showed nothing. 2 days later went back to my primary for blood results. Spoke to him about my visit to ER. He did EKG on me that was normal and the pulmonary test, which I failed and fainted. I got send to cardiologist. In the meantime my neurosurgeon send me also to vascular neurologist. Now I'm off the steroids. My symptoms are now less head pressure and dizziness. Completed, blood work of my hormones that came back normal. All cardio tests came back normal. EEG came back normal. Stress test-normal,(didn't run, only walked) but during the test my head pressure increased and when I completed the test I was so dizzy that I thought I was gonna faint. When I laid down I was wiped out! Took me 15-20 min to recover back to my "regular" dizziness. In between that time I also had two more episodes of fainting. Once sitting and once standing. None of the time I completely went out but partially. But on two occasions I was disoriented and had no clue what was going on. So, can it be due to the surgery? Damaged nerve? Or inner ear? Could meningitis do something since that pressure is more on the right side of my brain? Could that damn roller coaster done something? What other tests are out there that I can do? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.