Skip to content
Hearing issues.
rusticgt posted:
So during the Thanksgiving holiday I was in the store when my right ear suddenly became extremely muffled. My left ear was a little but I figured it was just wax. It got to the point there I called and made a urgent appointment with a doctor that Friday, he says it was just wax build up. I took some over the counter drops and saw my regular doctor a week later. She flushed my ears and removed a lot of wax, but my hearing didn't get any better. She had asked if I had a cold and I told her a week before this all happened I was down with a mild one. Thing I might have fluid behind my ear drums she gave me a steroid shot. Which didn't help. Now my left ear pops and I can tell somethings in there, sometimes it pops and I can hear myself breathe and etc which has gotten worse to where I don't want to speak at all. As for my right ear it doesn't pop but is extremely muffled. I'm at my wits end and seriously don't know what to do.

Helpful Tips

Ear and allergies
For what it's worth, my brother has been getting allergy shots for a year and the ringing in his ears has stopped..... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.