Skip to content
Four and a half year daughter has fluid in middle year
nitinrai posted:
Hi Doctor, My four and a half year daughter has been detected with fluid in her middle year for both the years. we have noticed that she is facing problem in hearing as she don't respond when we call her slowly. ENT doctor has prescribed her Decongestants (Otrivin Nasal Spray) for a week. Tympanometry test was done on her where we found that fluid is there in her middle year. Our ENT doctor has asked us if within one week fluid is not dried up we may have to put tubes in her both ear drum. Is putting this external ear drum on four and a half year old is advisable ? Can we have some other procedure with which it can be dried up without surgery ?
I have advised my daughter to eat chewing gum along with regular youne exersise. Any advice from your side on this will be really helpful. Thanks !!

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.