Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ear issue
sarahflowers posted:
Hello, I work in scheudling for an ENT dept. I was able to run over to the clinic be seen for an ear issue today but am confused by the info I was given. My right ear is having aching pain with nearly constant shooting pain, very itchy, some dizziness this morning, has decreased hearing, pressure (feels full), I can feel pressure when I bite down, I feel something behind my ear near the end of my jaw that is more swollen than the other side. I barely slept last night b/c of the discomfort. The ENT doc I was able to use a tool to quickly look in my ear and said it didnt look horrible and he didnt see any blockage. What else could be going on that maybe he didnt see using that tool? He didnt do a full consult b/c he is a doc I schedule for and he was just looking in my ear quickly as a favor. Taking tylenol and Ibuprofen so often for the pain is bothering my stomach. Please help!

atti_editor responded:
Hi sarahflowers,

While I cannot provide medical advice or diagnosis on this board, I encourage you to make an appointment to have a thorough ear exam done by your doctor. There could be something going on that the doctor you saw was unable to identify in his quick look at your ears. In the meantime, you might want to read through these symptoms of an ear infection -- itching, feeling of fullness, and pain that is worse when you chew are all listed.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Ear and throat pain
Hi, I have been experiencing a swollen tonsil for about three weeks, I went to the doctor mi first week and told him mi symptoms: sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.