Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Large sore in ear canal
    lmack16 posted:
    My boyfriend has had a large blockage in his ear for at least a year and refuses to go to the doctor about it no matter how much I try talking him into it. He had me remove the blockage with a bobby pin. I removed most of the blockage and noticed that when it was removed there is a large sore underneath it. Any advice on what this could be or how to cure this would be greatly appreciated.
    atti_editor responded:
    Hi lmack16,

    While I cannot provide medical advice or diagnosis, you might find it helpful to look over this information on what can cause bumps in the ear. I suggest your boyfriend have this looked at to make sure that it is not a sign of a bad infection or serious condition. It could definitely be something that is harmless and will go away on its own, or it could need some form of treatment that a doctor can provide.

    Best wishes,

    Helpful Tips

    Help me some one please i need help with my son
    My son is 10 months old and when he was a month he had hopping cough and i took him to the doctors 3 times and they didnt pick up on it so ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Focus on Flu

    Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.