Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Cervical Lymph Nodes (Help)
nilo16 posted:
Hello,

I had a regular ultrasound check up of my neck which seems fine except for this one statement:

"A 6x4 mm submental & 12x3 mm left jugulo-digastric lymph nodes are seen. ?"

Can any one please explain if this is something serious. I don't have any palpable/visible swelling externally.

Thank you very much
Nilo

atti_editor responded:
Hi Nilo,

This is something that you should discuss with your doctor. Do you have an appointment scheduled to go over the results? Or, can you call and ask if this is something you should be worried about or get a follow-up for?

Best wishes,
Atti

nilo16 replied to atti_editor's response:
Thanks Atti for your reply.

I had shown the report to my physician but he says it is not relevant at all. I have been having low grade fever and fatigue for the last two weeks. Had my full blood count done which was normal. Had my ESR done which was 40 and awaiting blood culture report (the first part showed normal growth however the final one would be out in couple of days). I have been feeling a bit of throat ache at times but no coughing so far. Have been suffering with acidity for sometime hence taking some mild acidity tablets. At times I feel there is phlegm stuck in my throat which gets better after having had some meal. Also have chronic sinusitis every now & then.

So just confused as to what is going on?

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.