Skip to content
virus or something else?
mrv519 posted:
Started as a head cold or flu, nasal congestion, weakness, hoarse voice, feverish. In 4 days the cold part was getting better, but i started getting short of breath, tight/heavy chest, pain in various parts of my chest and ribs (varies each day). Sometimes my throat feels like it's tightening up, but it's not sore. No coughing, no chest congestion. It almost feels like I can't breathe out all the way. It's lasted about 7 weeks now and is only a little better. I'm 26, in great shape, used to work out everyday until this thing hit. I tried working out when I had the head cold and I wonder if that caused it to go into my lungs? I've taken a z pack, augmentin, prednisone 5 days, albuterol inhaler. Chest x ray, EKG, echocardiogram, breathing test were all normal. Blood test showed slightly high cholesterol (probably genetic) and slightly abnormal liver function (probably from a work out supplement I've stopped taking), but Doc says it's nothing to be alarmed about. The 2 doctors I've seen say they think it's a pesky virus that just needs time. The chest pain and raspy voice gets worse as I talk more (like in a presentation at work), or as I get more active like throwing a ball around or walking up stairs. [br>[br>This has been very frustrating. I've lost at least 7 pounds of muscle and haven't worked out (other than walking) for almost 2 months. Are the doctors right or are there other possibilities? I appreciate any help...

Helpful Tips

Sharp pain in left ear lob cartiliage
After the last 24 hours of excruciating pain and having tried Tylenol Regular and Sinus and heating pads, this morning I took Aleve as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.