Skip to content
Sore Throat
catscher posted:
I've had a sore throat for about 6 Days and it's changed in the ways its hurt, it went from a small normal sore throat, into coughing and lots of mucus, and now the back of my throat is orange and has scars on it and it always feels dehydrated - If you can help it would mean alot - At nights the coughing feels very sharp and painful.

atti_editor responded:
Hello catscher,

Only a medical professional can determine what is causing your sore throat after an examination. I suggest you make an appointment to see your doctor. He/she will look at your throat, listen to your other symptoms, and possibly run some tests. In the meantime, this article on how to tell if your sore throat is from a common cold, strep throat, or tonsillitis may be helpful to you.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Sharp pain in left ear lob cartiliage
After the last 24 hours of excruciating pain and having tried Tylenol Regular and Sinus and heating pads, this morning I took Aleve as a ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.