Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
A few things to consider
talldave posted:
No one really really knows all the mechanics of how lysine works in the body. The scientific method is theory and observation. Most published research turns out to be wrong or irreplicable.

Nearly all doctors are very intelligent, very compassionate people honestly doing their best to help you, but increasingly they face the same limits to knowledge as everyone else. Doctors sometimes have to Google things too, this is not because they are not competent professionals but because Google is a near-miraculous technology.

Biology is often very hard to measure and therefore also to diagnose, Nobel Prizes have been given for theories we now know were wrong.

Err on the side of caution. Always hope for longitudinal studies. If you have a lot of money, pay for some!

Helpful Tips

Earaches
I had pressure behind the eye and earache, even after using neti pot, suction machine and fluticasone. I found those worked great for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.