Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
"Robot" Tinnitus after Sinus Problems
An_257003 posted:
Hello,
I've been having some difficulty with tinnitus for roughly 5 days, it seems to have started after some allergy/sinus problems I was having. There's a constant roaring or humming noise in my right ear that I can't seem to get rid of and when listening to the TV, radio, or someone speak over the phone it sounds like they're speaking through something that makes them sound like robots.
I do suffer from allergies and sinus problems this time of year and almost ALWAYS have issues with tinnitus around the same time. I'm pretty sure this is from sinus pressure, I was wondering if there was any over the counter medications or anything that might be of some help.
I feel fine, but this sound is getting very annoying espesically since I'm on the phone a lot at my job.
Any suggections will be appreciated! Thanks!

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

Here are some home treatment options for tinnitus that you might try. I hope that one of these is able to help limit your symptoms, and that your tinnitus clears up soon!

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Most People with a penicillin allergy can safely take cephalosporinsExpert
Medical providers have always been taught that if you are allergic to penicillin, you have a greater chance of also being allergic to a ... More
Was this Helpful?
30 of 61 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.