Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    amandam75 posted:
    Exact same thing happened to me. I had pulsatile tinnitus for four years. Several doctors looked in my ears during that time and I was put on countless rounds of antibiotics. Last week an inch-long piece of rubbery, clear "skin" like piece came out of my ear. It had ridges like skin and did not hurt when I removed it. Guess what? the noisy whooshing and even the regular ringing has diminished significantly. Seems that whatever that was, was trapping water in my ear and/or wax.
    atti_editor responded:
    Hi amandam75,

    I'm glad to hear that your tinnitus symptoms have diminished! Were you able to determine what the skin like piece was?

    Best wishes,

    Helpful Tips

    Help me some one please i need help with my son
    My son is 10 months old and when he was a month he had hopping cough and i took him to the doctors 3 times and they didnt pick up on it so ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 0 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Focus on Flu

    Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.