Skip to content
noise in head
cstarz posted:
Hi I know this is an old topic but I thought I would post a comment anyway. I'm 50. I have had a clicking type noise in my head for as long as I can remember from childhood on. But one difference. I can MAKE the click and control the click. My son has sat next to me and heard it! I have had him sit still close to the side of my head and when I make it happen he can hear it. It is quite loud a scratchy click.I can make it click when ever I want while walking, laying down jumping and running or just sitting.It involves the jaw and some muscles what its moving I don't know. I have experimented by lightly holding my hands to my head under my ears. Its mostly the upper jaw that makes things "MOVE" The apple of my cheeks to my temples has movement...it's very light movement-like feeling for a pulse on your wrist if your patient you can feel it. It's NOT painful,I have no headaches and no discomfort its irritating tat I can and I have found at times when I am a little nervous I will make it move on purpose kind of like a "TIC"...
I never worry about it.

elma36 responded:
OMG....

Helpful Tips

FAQ Tip #2: Tonsilliths and Cryptic TonsilsExpert
People are often puzzled by white accumulations in their tonsils. Some feel they have Strep, yet they do not really have a red, sore ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.