Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Tender Bump on Tragus
An_257174 posted:
I woke up to a bump on my right ear by my tragus and it is really sore, at first I thought it was a pimple but it doesn't look like one. the bump is sore and round. I am 21 and 30 weeks pregnant I was wondering if this is something serious or just something minor.

An_257174 responded:
  • I also have a sinus infection however I have had them 3x a years since I was young and have never had this happen before
  •  
    atti_editor replied to An_257174's response:
    Hello,

How are you doing now? It is possible that what you have is some sort of =4&sid[0>=347&bpid[1>=4&sid[1>=148#conditionView">abscess (inflamed pocket of pus that develops on the surface of the skin). The above link will give you more information. Applying a warm compress may help clear it up. If the bump comes to a head, you should make an appointment to have it treated by your doctor -- do not try to pop it on your own. If the bump is overly painful, grows to larger than a 1/2 inch or you develop a fever.

Best wishes,
    Atti

Helpful Tips

EAR PROBLEMS
    I have had a mild ear ache on and off and recently when I had a cold with runniynose, the ear began to hurt again. The outer ear was also ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 2 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.