Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Sharp Pain then numbness
brodey posted:
I have always had this happen, but I finally want to know why. Sometimes when move my head to fast, I get this sharp pain behind my ear (sometimes both) and a few seconds later it feels like a water balloon popped inside my head and all this liquid is draining, then the side of my tongue closest to the "popped" side goes numb. This only last about five minutes or so. I'm just curious on what it is called so I can find more information on it.

atti_editor responded:
Hi brodey,

Have you seen your primary care physician or an ENT about this problem? Only a medical professional can accurately diagnose what is causing your symptoms. You might try searching some of your key symptoms in the "Search This Community" box at the top right of this page to see if any other community members have discussed similar symptoms.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Earaches
I had pressure behind the eye and earache, even after using neti pot, suction machine and fluticasone. I found those worked great for ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.