Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Ear problems
    natalietheresa posted:
    I have had water stuck in my ear for about 4 days now and i just cant get it out. I have tried several ear drops and nothing has worked and i feel like its getting worse. I do not have health insurance as of right now and money is a little tight. I think i am getting an infection now do i have to go to a doctor or can i find drops myself to buy?
    stepheniemcdaniel2008 responded:
    Have you tried alcohol? My mom used to put a few drops of alcohol in my ears when I was younger after swimming in the pool. Let it sit for a few min, turn over and do it in the other ear. leaving cotton balls in your ears to absorb any excess fluid remaining.
    ashraf786 responded:
    You can put some water in you handful just drop it your ear suddenly takeit out ... So old water flushing from your ear

    Helpful Tips

    Your Home Black BagExpert
    Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    32 of 54 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Focus on Flu

    Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.