Skip to content
how to unclog ears
danalat posted:
how do i unclog my ear

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD responded:
...depends on what is clogging it. Can you be a bit more specific? Six words in a posting doesn't really give me much to go on, my friend.

danalat responded:
went and done a cbc and my white count was at 20,000. i was told that i had bacteria. the skin over my eardrum was about to pop. it has never popped yet and i am getting dizzy and cant hear out of it. is there anything i can do at home that will pop it so it can drain?

Rod_Moser_PA_PhD responded:
It appears that you may need an oral antibiotic. Based on what you have shared, I cannot recommend any specific measure to "pop" your ears. You will be taking a chance that your eardrum will rupture.

Allow your medical provider -- someone that has examined you -- to make these treatment decisions.

Helpful Tips

Your Home Black BagExpert
Doctors used to carry black bags containing all the medical tools they would need for a home visit. Of course, that rarely happens anymore. ... More
Was this Helpful?
31 of 53 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Focus on Flu

Find answers to your questions about seasonal flu issues and answers to your concerns about the flu season and H1N1...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.