Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What may be eaten, in preparation for a colonoscopy
RodAtWork posted:
I'm going to be going in for a routine colonoscopy this Friday, and so naturally I'm on a restricted diet in preparation for that. According to the instructions I got from the doctor's office, I'm not to have nuts or seeds (which, for me, is really disappointing, because I love both!)

What I would like to know is, may I have smooth peanut butter? Technically, peanuts are not nuts, but a legume.

TammyRobo responded:
I believe you can eat creamy peanut butter. The reason you can't eat nuts or seeds is because one can get stuck somewhere along the digestive system and can look like a problem when they do the test when in fact it isn't. Good luck on Friday. Please post back with your results.

RodAtWork replied to TammyRobo's response:
Thank you. (I wonder why I only now got a notification that you'd posted a reply to my question. WebMD, any ideas why that may be?)

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center