Skip to content
Nodules vs. polyps
An_187389 posted:
My first colonoscopy was two years ago and because two of four polyps were pre-cancerous I'm on the frequent flyer program now. I just had my second colonoscopy a few days ago and they found (and removed) two polyps and one nodule. The doc had left by the time I came out of sedation, so I didn't get a chance to ask her any questions about the "nodule." My question is - does anybody know what the significant (aside from appearance) difference is between a nodule and a polyp? Is a nodule the same as a tumor? I have done some online research but there isn't much out there and what I have found on "colon nodules" takes me right to references to tumor and cancer. I'm scared to death and afraid of what she's going to tell me when I go back to her in a couple of weeks for a follow-up and the results.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Anon_127277,

I'm so sorry for your concern. I've also been trying to find a proper definition of the differences of nodules vs. polyps on valid sites and am having trouble as well. Please don't hesitate to call and speak with your doctor about this. It will put your mind at ease to have your questions answered, especially by someone who has your medical records. Stressing over this will not help, so I do hope that you make a call. You are in my thoughts and prayers and I hope that you will keep us posted on how you are doing. Take care!!! ((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Best Wishes! Amelia

rixtx responded:
Annon

I have the exact question as yours and am wondering what, if anything, did you find out.

Good luck!

Helpful Tips

Colonscopy Prep -- Worked Great
I had a really good experience with my colonoscopy and wanted to advise folks. The day before the procedure only drink clear liquids, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center