Skip to content
needing answers
Kenman59 posted:
My wife has had stage 4 colon cancer for three years now. Today we found out that it has spread to her right lung!!! Can anyone seriously tell me how long she has??? And what can be done if anything to prolong her life?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Kenman59,

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife and will keep her and your family in my prayers. I'm not a medical professional, but I have seen that every case is different with cancer depending on the type and the location. You need to really speak with her doctor about options for treatment and her specific situation.

Here is the WebMD Overview on Colon Cancer Treatment - Stage IV and Recurrent Colon Cancer to read over and understand more about the situation and methods of treatment. Please ask the doctor every question that you may have. I wish that I could tell you more, but you all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Take care and please keep us posted.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Kenman59 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank You Amelia...

But Vicki has decided against any type of clinicals, since that is her only option. She is now under Hospice care. She just wants to use the rest of what time she has left to enjoy life!! She accepts the fact that she is going to die and is at peace with that and is not afraid! Her strength has made me alot stronger and i accepted her decision!! Thank You all and good luck!

Ken Johnson

georgiagail replied to Kenman59's response:
Hospice is suggested when it is anticipated that someone will have a life expectancy of six months or less. We've had a few patients who have "outlived" this prediction but many do not reach that six month level.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Colonscopy Prep -- Worked Great
I had a really good experience with my colonoscopy and wanted to advise folks. The day before the procedure only drink clear liquids, ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center