Skip to content
Question about Symptoms for colorectal cancer
buzzman57 posted:
Hello. I had a colonoscopy 4 months ago and nothing was found. The Dr said it was fine. About 2 weeks ago I started noticing some bright red blood when I have a Bowel movement. I have only had pain a couple of time when I have a bowel movement, but it was minor and I dont always have the pain. I have no other symptoms and I dont have the blood everytime I have a BM. Any possible comments?

cjtigers responded:
The symptoms you described were exactly the same that i had before being diagnosed with cancer. I wasn't as lucky as you regarding the colonoscopy. Mine spelled trouble from the beginning. My doctor initially thought it was just internal hemmoroids, so maybe that is all it is for you since you had a clean colonoscopy just 4 months ago. I still urge you to follow up with your doctor if only for your own peace of mind. Good luck!!

bigbob242 replied to cjtigers's response:
Thank you for responding. I have an appointment with my Dr. 1/4/11.

cjtigers replied to bigbob242's response:
How did your appointment go with your doctor? Please keep us all posted. I'm hoping with all my heart you got some good news.

bigbob242 replied to cjtigers's response:
It went well. Everthing was check and only a small minor problem that has been taken care of. If anything else shows up (in which I hope it dont) I will keep you informed.

Thaks

cjtigers replied to bigbob242's response:
So happy that everything turned out well for you. Aren't you glad you went to the dr just to make sure? What a relief.

Helpful Tips

Tip Title
Please, if your husband is having rectal bleeding please get him a colonoscopy asap...My husband was diagnoased just a year ago with no ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center