Skip to content
My Dad has colorectal cancer
MandyMaiden posted:
Good morning. My Dad has had colorectal cancer since 2006. He has his colon removed, chemo, radiation . . . rightnow he has a spot on his lung, tumor or tumors on his liver and somewhere around his pelvis. Can anyone tell me his chances of living and/or how long he might have to live? I know this isn't a lot of information but there's just so much to tell and it's overwhelming.

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Mandy,

I'm sorry that we cannot, but I do want to offer you hope and prayers from myself, personally. I will keep your father in my thoughts as well as your family. I'm not a medical professional, but your description does not seem like something that can be solved on line. Only his doctors that give him examinations and have his medical history can give you somewhat of an understanding. My heart is with you all. Please take care!
((((soft hugs))))
Best Wishes! Amelia

MandyMaiden replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you, Amelia, for your thoughts and your prayers. I was hoping that people that have survived colorectal cancer would read my post and offer me hope through their own cancer struggle. And maybe some advice for my dad or something. But all prayers and thoughts are welcomed.
Thanks again,
Mandy

Helpful Tips

giving blood saved my life
My iron count was too low to give blood. This can come from internal bleeding. I jumped my colonoscopy schedule by 2.5 years. They found a ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center