Skip to content
StageIV is chemo worth it?
lzybear posted:
I have been getting chemo for two years...finishing the 2nd full chemo w/ a year of maintenance of Avastin every 2 weeks for a year after the 1st full round of 12. April 2009 diagnosed stage IV colon cancer w/ 3-5 years. I am a wife, Mom of 2, full time job. I'm wondering is the chemo worth it? Anyone else 2 years chemo?

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Izybear,

I'm sorry to hear of your concerns and wonder what your doctor says about this question. If chemo is helping you, why would it not be worth it? I wish that I had more personal experience or insight and hope that your doctor can give you more insight. I can give you my thoughts and prayers. Please take care and let us know how you are today.
Best Wishes! Amelia

Kenman59 responded:
Yes it is!! My wife was given 2 years to live. Unfortunatley, she is now under home Hospice care. Remember..chemo is not a cure..it just gives you more time at life. She is still alive 3 1/2 years later, but she is using oxygen as the cancer has gotten more agressive and has spread to her lungs. I do not expect her to be with me much longer, but i thank God for each and every day that i still get spend with her!! The best of luck to you!!

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center