Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Husband stage IV colorectal cancer
Cheleg posted:
Hello everyone...my husband Greg was diagnosed with stage 4 colorectal cancer in Dec. 2010. What a nightmare! Symptoms of lower back pain and constipation in mid October....a sneaker. He's always been so healthy, so I am stunned!

He has so many lesions on his liver they couldn't count them....He has a wild type kras gene...He started on Xeloda in January and tolerated it well so they put him on Cetuximab and Oxaliplatin IV. His labs have come back consistantly better each time but we will know more once he has another scan. He has an agressive cancer so I try not to get my hopes up. I just don't want him to suffer....he's such a kind and gentle person and it just breaks my heart!

Amelia_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Cheleg,

I just wanted to welcome you to the community and say that I am so sorry to hear about your father. I have my fingers crossed that his numbers continue to get better and better. Give him positive support and love. My thoughts are with you all!
Please keep us posted and take care.
Best Wishes! Amelia

An_187396 replied to Amelia_WebMD_Staff's response:
Im sorry to hear about your husband... Take care of yourself.

mnemonic357 responded:
I was diagnosed 8 years ago. With surgery and chemo I was in remission for seven of those. I am stage four and don't plan on going anywhere. Stay positive and spend as much time with friends and family as possible. Remember to keep as many things the same as possible. It does not hurt to be prepared but don't ever give up.

Cheleg responded:
Thank you so much for the support! My husband just had a ct scan 5 days ago and they found a lesion on his spine. So next is a bone scan...it's like were playing russian roulette. Thank you again for listening...Love to all...Chele

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center