Skip to content
Bleeding
fancy1966 posted:
A little over a week ago all of a sudden I developed diarhea and some bleeding. I began using the restroom at least 5 times a day. Anything that I ate, went straight through me and I continued to bleed. A couple of days ago, I began to hurt in my back around my kidneys and now I have bad pain in my lower adominal are and I have terrible bloating. I still have the bleeding and the diarhea has pretty much subsided. I am developing slight anxiety, however, due to the unknown. I guess my question is, are these signs of colon cancer? I have made an appointment with the Dr, so I know that I will find out then. Just would like to know if anyone else has, or know someone who has, these symtoms.

Bettymae58 responded:
Fancy 1966,

Do not take no for answer if your doctor says you have hemrroids or a stomach flu. Go to a gastrointestinal doctor. I am part of an orgaization called chris4life.org. Check out the website. My mom had the same symptoms, so please get checked. Demand a colonoscopy. I wish you well. Best of luck.

BettyMae

fancy1966 replied to Bettymae58's response:
Thank you so much. I did go to a gastrointestinal doctor last week after I posted this. I was very concerned, as well, and scheduled me a colonoscopy. I had that yesterday and the results were a couple of hemroids and diverticulitis. I am on several meds to try to keep me regular, but i am really hurting in both sides now. But, thankful that he saw no polyps. He was worried that he would see some. Thanks again.

Helpful Tips

it worked for me!
My husband died 2/3/4 of colon cancer. August 2011 I became vegan on a dare and 2/3 12 I was diagnosed with colon cancer. I was surprised! ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center