Skip to content
Stage IV Colon Cancer at 28
hopelessinaz1982 posted:
I have been diagnosed with stage iv colon cancer and i am 28 years old. I had surgery on 3/30 to remove part of my colon, my right ovary, and a grapefruit sized tumor in my pelvis. I have 3 more tumors on my liver- one tennis ball and two ping-pong sized. They also found more in my intestinal wall. I am scheduled to get my port on 4/27 and to start chemo on 4/28. The dr has given me the chemo drug information - i will be getting leucovorin, 5fu, oxaliplatin, and bevacizumab. i am afraid of how i will feel. I have 2 small kids and i am afraid this is going to kill me. It all happened very suddenly and i am scared and just looking for as much info as i can get.

Bettymae58 responded:
Dear hopelessinaz,

There is tons of hope and you need to fight back aggressively. You are young and informed. I am part of an eorganization called chris4life.org, please check out the website and realize that there are tons of cancer patients your age beating this disease. Form a network with both cancer patients and caregivers. If you need anything keep in touch. My mom was diagnosed with Stage 1V cancer in 09. God bless you and your family.

BettyMae58

cjtigers responded:
I am so sorry for your diagnosis and this horrible "speed bump" in your young life. I was diagnosed with stage 2 rectal cancer a year and a half ago, went thru all of the chemo, radiation and surgery and am now cancer free. I have heard of many people being able to beat stage 4, do not get caught up in the numbers. It's different for everyone. Just brace yourself for the fight of your life and never give up. Good luck with the chemo. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing. One side note, check out a book called Crazy Sexy Cancer. It takes a lighthearted look at cancer thru a young woman's point of view. I loved it!

Helpful Tips

Tip Title
Please, if your husband is having rectal bleeding please get him a colonoscopy asap...My husband was diagnoased just a year ago with no ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center