Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New here
snowmom60 posted:
Hi, I'm new to this board but not new to colorectal cancer. I was diagnosed July of 2007 with stage 2 cr cancer, had the radiation/chemo and then a transanal excision November of 2007. March of 2009 the cancer came back to my lung, lymphnodes in my chest and in the sacrum. Did 21 months of oxi,xeloda and avastin, ironetican, xeloda and avastin, just xeloda (for a chemo break), had 34 rounds of I.M.R.T. to the chest nodes and cyber knife for the sacrum. Was told a couple of weeks ago after my first scan after the cyber knife that it wasn't gone and 3 spots were on my right lung. Oncologist said no more options. I was pretty upset at first. I decided to go to a big cancer hospital in Milwaukee (I live in the boonies of NE WI) just to see if I had any options. It looks like they don't think it's as bad as my onc. I had a consultation last week with a interventional radiologist who took my case to the tumor board. I now have an appt. next Fri. with their medical oncologist and cardiothoracic surgeon. So we'll see what they have to say next Friday, but so far there seems to be some hope. Between that and my faith in the Lord, I'm feeling pretty positive right now.

SeattleMark responded:
Hi, I'm currently dealing with stage 4 colon cancer. I'm doing well. I have no idea what tomorrow brings. It sounds like medically you are doing the right things and being proactive. I've learned that while we need to trust the experts we also need to be vigilant and active in the our treatment. But regardless of the outcome, faith in God is what's important. A prayer is on the way . . .

snowmom60 replied to SeattleMark's response:
Hi Mark. Luckily I have a lot of faith in God!

I can't believe I wrote this 2 months ago, it seems like so much longer. Well, it's been 3 weeks and 3 days since I had parts of my right lung removed as well as the cluster of nodes by my trachea. It hurt like you know what but I'm feeling pretty good now. One more surgery to remove the node from the sacrum and hopefully the Lord willing this ordeal will be over.

How are you doing Mark? One of my best friends lives in Seattle. We met on another club four years ago and have been friends ever since.

snowmom60 replied to SeattleMark's response:
I pray your still doing well Mark. Your so right, faith in God is what's important. "Our faith, honors HIS faithfulness!".

I had my middle lobe of R lung removed and nodes in chest. Problem...scan 1 month later showed surgeon missed one node:( Not happy, but I understand they're human. For the past 4 months I've been dinked around by the colorectal surgeon in Milwaukee. Went back to the cr surgeon that did my excision and things are moving now. He prayed with me before I left the office. I'd rather have a surgeon that is a Godfilled man, than a surgeon that looks at me as a number. So hopefully the node in the sacrum will come out shortly then I can have them get rid of the one in the chest. Godwilling there isn't any more with them messing around for so long.

Update me on how your doing. Feel free to email me at terryschi@yahoo.com directly. I never use that email anymore but I'll watch for your email and then send you the one I use.

I'm praying for you.
Terry

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Gastrointestinal Cancer Center